We are pleased to announce that we are now a UPS Access point! What does this mean? UPS Access Points provide pick-up and drop-off locations for your personal packages. If you have a package (or packages) labeled and ready to ship, you can simply drop it off to us, instead of tracking down a driver, or commuting across town to a UPS Store. Packages inbound to you that require your signature in order to be delivered can be re-routed to us in the event you are unavailable to receive the package at home, and we will hold them here (up to 7 days) for you to come and sign for them when you are available. UPS may automatically route packages (especially Next Day and Overnight) to us if a signature is required and you are not available to receive them.
If you have a door tag left indicating your package is headed to Smith’s Shoe Center, we should receive the package into our holding area the following delivery day (Note: Friday packages being routed to us, won’t arrive until Monday). You will be able to log onto UPS.com and track the Info tag number to see when it is available for pickup from us and then simply stop by with the info tag and valid photo id. You are welcome to call us at the store as well to see if your package has arrived to us yet. UPS delivers our packages including Access Point packages each morning and per the info tags will be typically available for pickup after 1pm the next delivery day (following their attempted delivery date). We generally receive our packages before 10:30am each morning and make packages available for pickup typically within 30 minutes of their delivery to us.
If you are shipping a package online or have a prepaid return label ready to go, you can drop your packages off to us and we will make sure to get it to UPS for you. UPS picks up our outbound packages each afternoon, so customer drop-offs are picked up daily around 3pm.
Why choose us as an Access Point?
- We are open 7 days a week for package pickup and drop-off
- Convenient Location to the South-side of Bloomington and Downtown, right on South Walnut Street
- Ample store front parking for easy in, easy out.
- Pickup your packages on your schedule and without the hassle of having to be home to sign for them on the delivery drivers schedule.
Identification Requirements to Pick-up your package (As Mandated by UPS):
- Government issued photo ID displaying full name and address which both match the name and address on the package. (Name and Address must match on both the ID and package in order to release your package).
- If government issued photo ID matches the last name but not the address on package, you will need to have a proof of residency (such as a utility bill) showing the matching address on the package.
- If the name on the ID matches the package but the address does not, you must provide either the door tag notice left by the driver or UPS tracking number in order to pick-up your package.
- Shippers sometimes require a Package Release Code for packages. In these cases, you will be required to present the release code sent to you by the shipper and a matching photo ID in order to pick-up the package.