Cook Program Policies
Purchases and Orders
- Vouchers will be issued by Cook to Department Managers and/or Employees for distribution. (Vouchers must include Employee name, Manager name, and Cook Location for final delivery)
- The vouchers are good for $65.00 towards the total purchase price on approved work footwear. The employee is responsible for the difference on any selections exceeding this allowance.
- Employees need to bring their voucher to the store and view the selection of available footwear choices. Professionally trained Smith’s Shoe Center staff will help fit employees in the shoes they choose, and order pairs to try on if necessary. (https://www.smithsshoecenter.com/cook-collection is available to help research options online before traveling to the store).
- Vouchers must be presented at the time of purchase.
- Smith’s Shoe Center will retain the shoes and affix the voucher to identify the shoe owner (Employee). *Employees can expect to receive their shoes within 14 business days, depending on availability.
- Smith’s Shoe Center will make weekly deliveries to Cook at Park 48. Park 48 will then arrange delivery of product to other Cook locations such as Spencer or Canton, IL.
* Actually delivery times will vary depending on availability and distribution channels from Park 48. During peak hiring and bulk voucher releases at Cook, individual shoes may be ordered following fitting to insure try-on sizes are available for all Cook employees.
Returns and Exchanges
Please keep your copy of the receipt so we can help you better on all exchanges and returns. The box that the shoes were delivered in is also helpful and appreciated. These items are not required but help us to help you better and more efficiently.
Comfort – You have 30 days to test your new shoes at work for fit and comfort. Size and style of a shoe are personal preference so please make sure you are happy with your selection in the first 30 days.
Warranty – You have a 90 day manufacturer warranty. If at any time in the first 90 days from date of purchase there is a defect due to the manufacturing of the shoes please bring them to us for evaluation.
If you have a problem, concern, or question on your shoes and it is past the 90 day manufacturer warranty you may bring your shoes to the store and we will evaluate on a case by case basis.
Cook Instructions To Employees <– Click To View Memo
TO: Operations Management
FROM: QAC Lab/Human Resources
SUBJECT: Facility Footwear Returns
- Footwear returns will no longer be handled internally.
- If a return of footwear is necessary it will be the responsibility of the employee to take the footwear back to Smith’s Shoe Center. (preferably with original shoe box and voucher/receipt that was attached to the box)
- Smith’s Shoe Center is located at 1917 S. Walnut St. Bloomington, IN and their phone number is 812-323-7463.
- Once the employee makes the exchange, Smith’s Shoe Center will ship the selected footwear directly to COOK to distribute to the employee.
- Facility Footwear is a part of the gowning requirement to work in the Level I CMA(s). If an employee has a medical related issue with wearing the Facility Footwear, they will need to consult with the HR Leave Administration Unit about what documentation will be needed to consider any accommodations.
- The HR Leave Administration Unit contact is, Shanna Smith at x10-2357.